PaymentsCompliance Editor, John Basquill will be leading a discussing looking at Cross-border Payments
The key discussion points include:
- How transparent and clear are euro transaction fees in the non-euro Member States today?
- What is the justification for higher prices for euro transactions between the euro area and outside the euro area?
- Should regulation mandate that these transactions should be priced as transactions in the local currency?
- Should transaction costs be regulated at the EU level or should it be left to the Member States?
- What are the potential benefits of the European Commission’s proposal? What are the costs? What are the benefits to businesses and SMEs?
- Is it sufficiently easy for the consumer to make the best choice when it comes to currency conversion?
- Are the transparency and information obligation in PSD2 concerning currency conversion enough or change as now proposed by the commission necessary?
- How much time would the industry need to adapt to those changes?
- Is it technically and practically feasible to provide full information on the different currency conversion options at the point of sales?
- Are concerns that DCC services might mislead consumers justified?
- Does DCC increase competition and thereby allowing consumers to benefit from better currency conversions?
For more information on the conference and to register, click here